"I say to myself - sometimes, Clov, you must learn to suffer better than that if you want them to weary of punishing you - one day. I say to myself - sometimes, Clov, you must be there better than that if you want them to let you go - one day. But I feel too old, and too far, to form new habits. Good, it´ll never end, I´ll never go. [Pause] Then one day, suddenly, it ends, it changes, I don´t understand, it dies, or it´s me, I don´t understand that either. I ask the words that remain - sleeping, waking, morning, evening. They have nothing to say. [Pause] I open the door of the cell and go. I am so bowed I only see my feet, if I open my eyes, and between my legs a little trail of black dust. I say to myself that the earth is extinguished, though I never saw it lit. [Pause] It´s easy going. [Pause] When I fall I´ll weep for happiness. [Pause. He goes towards door.]"

Endgame (Fin de partie). Endatafl - var fyrst sýnt á frönsku 1957, en var þýtt yfir á ensku, af höfundinum sjálfum Samuel Beckett, og útgefið 1958.

Ummæli

Vinsælar færslur af þessu bloggi

Madrigal